It is so hard for me to wake up in the morning! I regularly hit snooze for at least an hour, set my clock 20 minutes fast, and will basically do anything to stay in bed. As a working woman with places to be and LA traffic to contend with, here are a few of my tips to make sure your day starts off strong even if you do end up sleeping in a little bit longer.
Putting in a few hours at the salon each month so you can keep up a low maintenance beauty routine on weekdays is key. Meal prep is another key way to save precious morning minutes.
- Gel manicure– should last up to 2 weeks
- Eyelash extensions– a full set requires touch ups monthly
- Blowdry your hair the night before or sleep with it wet. Batiste Dry Shampoo is a lifesaver, the blonde one lets you camouflage your roots.
- Wax your legs so you don’t have to worry about shaving. I use this roll on wax heater with honey wax. It’s similar to what is used for the painless bikini waxes I get at Honey Waxing in Brentwood.
- Makeup Bag, keep one in your car in case you are running really late and need to touch up on the way to work.
- Pick out your clothes the night before–easier said than done. I love the thrill of picking out a new outfit each day based on my mood, but it’s a total timesuck.
- Starbucks mobile ordering: I let Starbucks automatically reload my card attached to my app every time it dips below $10 so I can seamlessly order from my phone (food, drinks, anything) and stroll in to pick up without waiting in line.
- Breakfast burritos: I am a big fan of pre-making a batch of breakfast burritos and freezing wrapped in foil. I like sausage, cheese, eggs, and hash browns in a in Tortilla Land tortillas which come uncooked. 15 minutes before you leave, just pop in toaster oven and start boiling some water for coffee or tea to grab on your way out the door.
- Carnation Instant Breakfast: Tastes great, good source of protein. I used to always feel sick in the morning, and this is one of the only things I can drink which was easy on my stomach.
- Single serve oatmeal: I love Umpqua Oats which you can buy in a case from Amazon. Justaddboiling water and let steep, perfect easy to eat breakfast for on the go.